Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

What a total joke that is.

B.tching out and asking the umps to come save your overpriced closer because he's struggling?

They could have stopped it at the top of the inning and delayed it but girardi said nothing and thought he could get the win.

The second his guy starts struggling, he comes out and asks them to stop the game, which they do for some odd reason despite the conditions being exactly the same as the previous 4 innings.

Screw the yanks and girardi, whiny little babies.

What a total joke that is.

B.tching out and asking the umps to come save your overpriced closer because he's struggling?

They could have stopped it at the top of the inning and delayed it but girardi said nothing and thought he could get the win.

The second his guy starts struggling, he comes out and asks them to stop the game, which they do for some odd reason despite the conditions being exactly the same as the previous 4 innings.

Screw the yanks and girardi, whiny little babies.

:newcry::002_scry::puke:

Wow, unreal 9th inning in the Bronx. To summarize:

--Yankees led 6-5 when the inning started at 10:36 PM in a heavy rain.

--Chapman walked the first hitter, then went 3-1 on the 2nd.

--Girardi asked the umps to stop the game, which they did.

--Rain delay lasted 3:35.

--Play resumed at approximately 2:15 AM with Yates replacing Chapman.

--Yates struck out the first batter then surrendered HBP, HBP, 2-run single, HBP, BB, 2-run single for a 9-6 lead.

--Yankees go down in the bottom of the 9th without scoring.

--Game ended at 2:45 AM on Ellsbury's flyout to left with 2 runners on, so the 9th inning took 4:09 of elapsed time to complete.

• Upvote 1

Wow, unreal 9th inning in the Bronx. To summarize:

--Yankees led 6-5 when the inning started at 10:36 PM in a heavy rain.

--Chapman walked the first hitter, then went 3-1 on the 2nd.

--Girardi asked the umps to stop the game, which they did.

--Rain delay lasted 3:35.

--Play resumed at approximately 2:15 AM with Yates replacing Chapman.

--Yates struck out the first batter then surrendered HBP, HBP, 2-run single, HBP, BB, 2-run single for a 9-6 lead.

--Yankees go down in the bottom of the 9th without scoring.

--Game ended at 2:45 AM on Ellsbury's flyout to left with 2 runners on, so the 9th inning took 4:09 of elapsed time to complete.

This makes me smile.

o

Twitter Reacts to Rangers-Yankees Rain Delay: Convenient Timing for Struggling Pitcher

(Sports Day, Dallas-Fort Worth)

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/06/27/twitter-reacts-rangers-yankees-rain-delay-convenient-timing-struggling-pitcher

I remember there was an O's-Yankee game that was effected by the rain and in which the umpires had us pitch and field in the rain and the Yankees didn't have to if memory serves me correct. I think it was when Mora was still on the team.

Melvin Mora got thrown out of the game when the umpires allowed a game to continue in a torrential downpour' date=' THEN called for the tarp to be put on the field after a 2-run single by the Yankees gave them the lead. Mora was going crazy, and rightly so.

I was there (at O.P.A.C.Y.) over a month later, when they completed that game.

The Orioles were down by 2 runs, scored a run in the bottom of the 9th off of Mariano Rivera, added another base-runner, and then Brian Roberts missed winning it with a home run by a few feet (the ball went foul.)

We won the regularly scheduled game right after that, though. My brother Pete (Mets fan) immediately jumped out of his seat, pumped his fist in the air and said, [b']"Yankees lose !!!"[/b] right after the final out.

I still think Toronto is the team that is the biggest threat to take the division away from us. Boston was playing over their heads. Guys like Bogarts, Bradley, and Betts were carrying the team with their white hot starts, but they can't sustain that level. Pedroia and Ortiz will fade/get dinged up as the season goes along.

I still think Toronto is the team that is the biggest threat to take the division away from us. Boston was playing over their heads. Guys like Bogarts, Bradley, and Betts were carrying the team with their white hot starts, but they can't sustain that level. Pedroia and Ortiz will fade/get dinged up as the season goes along.

I think the Red Sox have a lot more means to add to their roster than the Blue Jays.